1867 - Sewing machine
In 1867, the Constant Peugeot & Cie Company, (founded in 1830), decided to add to its production of components for spinning machines. Various models were built for lingerie workshops, clothing business, embroidery, shoe repair stores, and for home use.
A patent for placing the reel vertically was awarded to Peugeot in 1869. In 1876 Peugeot sewing machines won a gold medal in the Paris World Fair. In 1878, the patent "machine of pedestal table" leads to the development of a machine run using a single pedal.
From 1920, an electric motor is offered as an option: it would be produced across the entire range in 1929. The production ended at the dawn of the second war.